Friday, May 11, 2012

And the "Awkward Interaction of the Week" Award Goes To.....


[After standing in the card aisle for over 20+ minutes...(I fully realize I'm an indecisive person, don't judge!)]

Old grandma looking CVS Lady: (a little embarrassed) Excuse me, miss, you know that you've uh, been looking at the...MAHOGANY section??

Me: (stunned that she thinks I somehow missed the fact that BIG signs that said "MAHOGANY" were all over the place and that the pictures on the card covers didn't tell me this was OBVIOUSLY the MAHOGANY SECTION; Really unsure how I'm supposed to explain myself without disrespecting Grandma) Yes, ma'am, I, um....I...My husband is actually African-American.  I'm looking for a card for my mom- in-law here........So......................

Grandma CVS Lady: Oh, girl, STAY THERE!  You just stay right there!  Go get your card!

At least we had a really good laugh!!  She meant so well.  She also told me what days she'd be working and promised she'd hide the best greeting cards for me.  Oh, DC living.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment